Monday, May 26, 2008

18 Years


Karen and I celebrated eighteen years of marriage today. I have come to believe that nothing so much as marriage reveals my sins as well as my virtues. It has been in marriage that my selfishness has risen to its ugliest heights. Mercifully, however, I am a much better man than I otherwise would have been had I not married Karen. God has used her as a means of sanctification in my life. She makes my strengths stronger and my flaws a little less pronounced. She likes my preaching and tells me so. By habitually giving people the benefit of the doubt she helps me to be not overly sensitive. She brings to our marriage certain skills that I lack and gives me the time I need to flourish in my calling. Also, she bought me some chocolate today.

1 comment:

Dani said...

Congratulations!