Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sunday's Sermon


On Sunday I continued the series God's Great Story. It was part 9 and is entitled "The Loving God." You can listen to or download it HERE.


I never cease to be amazed at how God uses the sermon preparation process toward my sanctification. I had been wrestling with love all week: my lack of love and the corresponding feeling that God could not love me because of how unloving I felt. It was a proverbial vicious circle. Even as I drove to church Sunday morning the accuser all but convinced me that God could not possibly love me as much as I was getting ready to proclaim.

But God is gracious. Even as I preached God used His Word to comfort me with the knowlege of His strong love for even me: a duplicitous, double-minded, and doubting pastor.

No comments: