Monday, April 18, 2011

"Desiring God" - 25 Years Later



Recently a 25th anniversary edition of Desiring God was released. I remember my first reading of Desiring God as a new seminary student. It was a disorienting experience because Piper's basic thesis was something brand new for me. At first I completely rejected what Piper was suggesting. However, after much reading and arguing in my mind and a few fellow students I came to embrace the central theme of Desiring God as reflecting a thoroughly biblical paradigm. If you have not read Desiring God I would strongly suggest you do so.




Also, when you get a chance take time to listen to a two-part interview of John Piper conducted by Mark Dever in 2003. It's well worth hearing.






2 comments:

Sean said...

Just listened to the first part, Todd... in the words of Matt Chandler (on John Piper), "That cat is just unreal."

Thought I'd also let you know the link to part 1 was wrong in the blog post... it had one too many "http" in the URL... should be... http://www.9marks.org/audio/writer’s-retrospective-john-piper-part-1-0

Todd Pruitt said...

Thanks Sean.