Monday, February 28, 2011

I know. I know. But you really ought to read this one...


Kevin DeYoung has written what is the most helpful post I have read on the controversy surrounding Rob Bell and the promotion of his new book. You ought to read it when you get a chance.


In case you are wondering why I have been posting on this, the answer is easy: Rob Bell has influence. He is an internationally known pastor, preacher, and writer. Not long ago some evangelicals were calling him the next Billy Graham. His books and Nooma videos have been and continue to be enormously popular among Christians. Therefore, his continued drift away from historic Christian orthodoxy on issues like the Bible's reliability, the atonement, the resurrection, the judgement, and the eternal state rightfully concern many pastors.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Read a quote from Charles Spurgeon this morning that seems relevant to this entire discussion:

"I would not utter what I believed to be a falsehood concerning the Lord, even though the evil one offered me the bait of saving all mankind thereby."