Monday, June 2, 2008

Essential Puritan Books

In keeping with my recent post on the five books I would like every church member to read I thought I'd follow up with a few more recommendations. As many of you know I love to read the Puritans. Their way of wedding passionate spirituality and sound doctrine stands to this day as a model for us all. Here are a few essentials:

1. Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan

2. A Body of Divinity by Thomas Watson

3. All Things for Good by Thomas Watson

4. The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs

5. The Bruised Reed by Richard Sibbes

For a deeper understanding of and appreciation for the Puritans:
A Quest for Godliness by J.I. Packer
The Devoted Life by Kapic & Gleason
Worldly Saints by Leland Ryken
Meet the Puritans by Beeke & Pederson

No comments: