Saturday, October 10, 2009

New David Brainerd Biography


Phil Johnson writes of Vance Christie's new biography of David Brainerd:


I had the privilege of reading Christie's manuscript almost three years ago, when he sent it to John MacArthur to consider a Foreword. I loved the book and was sad when I had to turn the manuscript over to John MacArthur so that he could write the foreword. I have been eagerly awaiting its publication so that I could get a copy of my own. After three years, I was beginning to wonder if I would ever see it again. But it's now in print from Christian Focus, and well worth your time to read.

Read MacArthur's forward HERE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to getting this one. I think folks do themselves a disservice when they neglect to read the biographies of men like Brainerd, Cowper, Wesley. Christian men who persevered despite immense internal and external struggles - models of perseverance...

Provides such a good antidote to the "best life now" garbage.