Saturday, October 12, 2013

Some recent goings on...

On Friday, Carl and I spent the better part of the day recording new episodes of the Mortification of Spin. We were joined by the Housewife Theologian herself, Aimee Byrd to talk about things like modesty, Halloween and the theology of preaching. We also spent some time with Gloria Furman about life and church in Dubai. Additionally we had a great time chatting with the Pyromaniacs, Dan Phillips and Frank Turk, about Cessationism and whether or not God speaks to us outside his Word. We interviewed Dr. Denny Burk about his excellent new book What Is The Meaning of Sex? Carl and I also took time to discuss the work of elders and deacons.

I must also mention that Carl dubbed me the Meatloaf of Reformed theology. This was troubling to be sure but probably not nearly as bad as my crowning Carl the Elton John of Reformed theology.

3 comments:

John D. Chitty said...

If you're Meatloaf and Aimee is Pat Benatar, I'm going to throw down and say that Carl Trueman is the Rush Limbaugh of the OPC! ;-)

Todd Pruitt said...

Carl would be none too pleased by that title. However, I think I found the perfect moniker for Trueman is "The Elton John of Reformed Theology."

John D. Chitty said...

I say Rush knowing that Carl is left of center, but also because his sarcastic shtick is comparable to Limbaugh's. Plus Limbaugh always comes up with a creative nickname for people.

But it's all in fun!