Sunday, December 26, 2010

My Top Reads for 2010


The following are the books published in 2010 that I enjoyed most. I am limiting the list to those books from Christian publishing houses.


The Heresy of Orthodoxy by Kostenberger & Kruger
The authors carefully and effectively dismantle the arguments of Bart Ehrman and a generation of liberal scholars who sought to discredit the essential unity of early Christianity.

Excellent and highly readable study of how to properly read and "do" history.

Magnifying God in Christ by Thomas Schreiner
Perhaps the most readable and helpful introduction to the theology of the New Testament I have read.

A Place for Weakness by Michael Horton
Previously published as Too Good to be True, this reissue under a new title is, in my opinion, a must read.

Provocative. Controversial. Polemical. Need I say more?

Must reading for anyone in church leadership.

Deyoung has done the church a great service by introducing and reintroducing many to the beauty of the Heidelberg Catechism.

Moving account of modern martyr.

Okay, I'm cheating a bit because I have not yet completed reading this book. However, so far it is outstanding.

No comments: