Monday, November 16, 2009

Great Gift Idea


It is my wife's birthday.


To celebrate the day, a friend from church took her out to eat and do a little shopping. What struck me as a particularly good gift was the prayer journal that she presented to my wife. It was the prayer journal this lady began keeping in the days prior to the church's vote on me as pastor all the way through the early days of our arrival in Pennsylvania. There are prayers for each member of my family. Prayers for our safety and well being. There are prayers for needs of my children in their transition to a new school and church. Also recorded are specific answers to prayers. Though she had never intended to give it Karen, the journal is a profoundly moving gift.


We are blessed to be surrounded by people who pray for us. The gift Karen received today was a powerful reminder of this.

No comments: