Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Live from the Gospel Coalition (2)

Between sessions I had a chance to speak to Matt Schmucker the executive director of Nine Marks Ministries. Nine Marks made a huge impact on my life when I was a new pastor in Wichita, Kansas. When I found them (around 2000 or 2001) they were a fairly new ministry. I was excited because in Nine Marks I had found people with whom I had a strong sense of affinity.

Nine Marks Ministries was founded by Dr. Mark Dever of Capitol Hill Baptist Church in Washington D.C. They exist to help churches conform to Scripture in all that they do and thus give God greater glory.

Matt and I spoke about the possibility of hosting a Nine Marks Workshop at Church of the Saviour in 2011 or 2012. It would be a wonderful event and certainly in keeping with my vision for Church of the Saviour.

No comments: