Friday, May 4, 2012

Science and the Authority of the Bible

From Justin Taylor:
You can watch the full 1 hour and 15 minute discussion here, with Michael Horton, Stephen Meyer, R.C. Sproul Jr., and Del Tackett joining R.C. Sproul to answer questions about the Christian mind, science, old and new earth, and more.

For those interested in these questions, especially from a Reformed perspective, I would recommend reading the PCA Study Committee Report on Creation (2000), where a number of PCA elders from various persuasions on these issues studied and debated these issues in order to produce this report. It is worth reading simply for the definitions, and also for the way in which they seek to describe the strengths of, and objections to, the various orthodox positions.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Wow, what an amazingly well-worded answer. (I wish I could be so articulate!) As a believer and a (former) scientist, I am so glad that there are men like R.C. Sproul explaining the harmony of natural and Scriptural revelation.
I am looking forward to listening to the whole Q&A session when I have a chance!
Thank you for posting this clip.